Orchid Koh Pich Hospital is urgently looking for Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will direct and oversee all overall financial performance of the company and contributes in strategic decision for better company performance particularly provide leadership and expertise in strategic and tactical financial matters such as budget management, financial forecasting, cost and benefit analysis. S/he also will lead preparation of financial reports and summaries, track cash flow, analyse the strengths and weaknesses in the company’s finances, perform forecasting and oversee all aspects of its financial success. S/he is expected drive operational performance, build a strategic growth plan, and manage future exit to new ownership.
I. Planning and budgeting:
• Provide leadership and contribute in formatting the Company’s strategic and business plan
particularly development of short-term and long-term financial objectives and forecast.
• Monitor/direct the implementation of business plan and actively take lead in decision and correct
action towards the efforts to achieve the set financial objectives/KPIs.
• Identify undesirable trends, potential business opportunities, makes recommendations for action.
• Develops long/short-range operational and capital budgets supported by Orchid’s business plans,
• Assists CEO/COO in the development of Orchid’s operations plans, resources availability and cost
benefit analyses staff expansions.
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team and be proactive in initiating
finance/ accounting conversation with other management in order to ensure insightful and accurate
• Manage the accounting, investor relations, tax, and treasury departments.
• Develop/ improve inventory management and control process together with relevant team (e.g.,
warehouse team) to ensure accuracy.
• Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations, if applicable.
• Lead ERP working team including IT and other departments for ERP/HIS implementation,
integration between each system and on-going improvement.
• Implement financial and operational across multi-functions best practices.
• Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures by way of systems that
will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
• Lead establishment of financial and accounting function for new entities/new site opened/invested
by the group.
• Maintain good banking relationship and represent company of the investors.
III. Financial and Accounting Management
• Oversee the issuance of consolidated financial information (e.g., management account, financial
statements, operating KPIs).
• Be accountable for financial results reporting to EXCO.
• Produce and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in
order to assist the management in performing their responsibilities (including sales direction,
product profitability study, and cost control).
• Lead and perform feasibility study for a new investment/new products and service/ expansion plan.
• Establishing an efficient management and statutory monthly reporting system and adhering to tax
laws and local regulatory compliance and accounting standards.
• Counselling senior management on cash management and implementing cost saving and margin
• Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the finance discipline.
• Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum
cash threshold to meet operating needs.
• Lead and coordinate with independent external auditors to ensure Orchid’s compliance.
IV. Risk Management
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
• Work in consultation with other management to construct and monitor reliable control systems
• Review/maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
• Ensure that the company complies with all legal, tax, custom, and other regulatory requirements
• Report risk issues to EXCO.
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
• Develop contingency plans for the Company to withstand liquidity crises and update such plans as
the need arises.
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts as well as ensure healthy cash cycle and strong cashflow
• Optimize return from cash management.
• Arrange for debt and equity financing, if needed.
VI. Supply Chain and Operations
• Keep costs down.
• Make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
• Oversee procurement function (direct report).
• Review/monitor Orchid list of suppliers to ensure quality services and deliverables.
VII. Investor Relations
• Manage relationships with investors, financial institutions, and external stakeholders, providing
accurate and transparent financial information and participating in investor communications and
Qualifications Skill & Experience:
• Have a master’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation, preferably health care related sector.
• Must have hands-on experience with financial systems: Xero, Sun, SAP system, Excel
• Experience in partnering with an executive team (highly desirable if worked with private equity)
• Must be able to communicate fluently in Khmer and English both written and speaking.
• Have a good interpersonal and communication skill, team work, and independent.
• Strong experience in process improvement and ERP implementation/ upgrade.
• Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA Qualification
• High degree of integrity, ethics, and proven track record of good governance
• Healthcare including clinic, center and/or hospital experience is a plus
• Strong leadership and with good track record of managing and building capacity of people.
Attitude / Motivation:
• Desire to apply good management/technical skills to achieve business KPIs,
• Ability to lead and demonstrate excellent leadership to the team,
• Results oriented and innovative,
• Strong, determined, self-motivated and with strong ethical values,
• Adaptable and flexible; take initiative – take on the can-do attitude,
• Able to work in a pressured environment,
• Committed to reproductive health in development and an individual’s right to control their own fertility.