– Act as the ‘business owner’ across different categories, possessing a complete understanding of internal and external variables that impact the foodpanda business.
– Must develop and execute optimal category strategy, pricing, promotions, range, availability, and cost prices to expand both sales and margin.
– Ensure foodpanda categories has the optimal selection and strategically competitive prices in the market through local and international sourcing.
– Source and build a strong supplier base to negotiate terms improvement, secure supplier advertising spend, and ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of goods.
– Work to develop new sourcing and extended range to ensure we have high quality, good value goods available to our customers year-round.
– Employ data-driven decision-making to drive the category. Provide insight to the commercial team and work closely with marketing and supply chain to forecast demand and ensure consistent supply.
– Partner with supply chain team to manage inventory levels and wastage.
– Work cross-functionally with Product, Supply Chain, Sales Operations, and Marketing to deliver strategic projects.
– At least 3-5 years experience in merchandising / buying and category management.
– Superb business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management (both internal and external).
– Ability to work autonomously in a highly demanding and often ambiguous environment, with strong attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
– Strong analytical skills.
– Great communication skills (both oral and written) are a must.
– Mastery of MS Office (particularly Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) is preferred.