SNBL (Cambodia) Ltd is looking for a Laboratory Technician based in Kampong Cham Province (Skun).
– Run diagnostic serology and Molecular assays to support animal colonies.
– Run hematology, parasitology, and clinical chemistry procedures on a regular basis and ensure quality and consistency of testing.
– Assist in developing and implementing a comprehensive virus testing.
– Keep inventory and order supplies when necessary.
– Coordinate testing and results reporting with staff at laboratory.
– Report results on virus testing to veterinary and data staff at facilities.
– Review, compile and critically analyze data for reports, publications and/or presentations.
– Specify and recommend equipment for automated and semi-automated sample preparation, processing and data collection.
– Write departmental SOP’s and data reports.
– Assists in preparation of weekly reports of results and summary of laboratory
– Maintain database of virology related SOPs.
– Maintain database of virus testing training.
– Other duty as assigned by immediate supervisor and manager..
– Cambodian Male or Female
– Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Medical Technology, or relevant qualification.
– One or two years working experience as a Lab Technician, in the related field is a plus.
– Confident and good command of both written and spoken English.
– Good communication, interpersonal skills, teamwork, hard working, and ability to work under pressure and closely interact with immediate supervisor.
– Professional experiences on cross-cultural management and can effectively deal with people
from a very broad range of cultural and professional backgrounds.
– Have good computer skill (Microsoft office, internet and email).
– Experienced in laboratory methods to include standard ELISA serology and Molecular.
– Experience working with potentially infectious blood and tissue samples from animals or humans.
– Experience working with bio hazardous material in a bio-safety level 2 or higher environment is preferred.
– Experience with human and primate cell culture and DNA extraction from whole blood and cell culture material is preferred.
– Perform other duties as assigned by direct supervisor and/or head of division.
– Willingness to work in a flexible schedule.