– Deskside Support will provide incident and request management support to all end-user devices. E.g., Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, Thin-client, Mac, Monitor, Mobile device, VPN Token, Printers, Scanner, Thumb drive, encrypted portable HDD, etc.
– Incident handling: including troubleshooting, break-fix; follows incident management process.
– Service Requests: Installation, Movement, Addition, or Change (IMAC) of new or existing end-user device hardware/software component.
– Software application support for applications both commercial off the shelf and customer developed.
– Queue management for incident resolution and request fulfillment.
– Desk-side support provides support in both local language and English.
– Perform ICMS and PC sign-off on every PC deployment and collection.
– Flexible resources to cater to the demand of standby or end-user device-related projects, without compromising daily BAU services.
– Conduct end-user device and related testing.
– Perform site inspection.
– Perform end-user device inspection
– Provide status update to the ticketing tools in a timely manner.
– Assist in end-user support or consultations.
– Address day-to-day desktop support process issues.
– Analyze completed end-user device requests and incidents to identify and recommend process improvements and identify any process compliance issues.
– Receive, diagnose, assess and resolve Deskside Incidents that pertain to the following.
– Software issues with applications.
– Perform troubleshooting and diagnose issues.
– Complete re-image is performed if required.
– If the problem cannot be resolved by re-installing the application the Deskside Incident is routed back to the Application resolver group responsible for the application.
– In a timely manner, escalate to their manager & Deskside Support Lead when a recurring issue is beyond their control.
– Arranging on-site access & support, when required.
– IMAC’s – Prepare new and existing equipment for deployment.
– Move existing equipment (PC, notebook, Thin Client, network printer, etc.…) and update configurations, as necessary.
– Change an existing hardware/software component and verify functionality upon completion.
– IMAC Update in CMDB
– Install and configure hardware/software as requested in the IMAC record and verify functionality upon completion (software that could not be installed by SCCM)
– Provide a minimum of 15 minutes of familiarization Training to end-user upon completion of a new PC install, if end-user is available upon completion of install.
– Strong English & local language proficiency and interpersonal skills.
– Provide incident and request management support to all end-user devices. E.g., Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, Thin-client, Mac, Monitor, Mobile device, VPN Token, Printers, Scanner, Thumb drive, encrypted portable HDD, etc
– Experience in Windows & non-Windows Operating environment
– Installation, Movement, Addition, or Change (IMAC) of new or existing end-user device hardware/software component.
– Provide and maintain warranty/maintenance documentation for Assets, to be included in Operations Manual.
– Recommend and apply solutions, including on-site repair for remote users.
– Install, organize, test, maintain, check and troubleshoot end-user workstations and interrelated hardware and software.
– Provide support to end-users relating to hardware and software, computer applications, LAN components, and peripherals.
– Determine and execute system reconfiguration needs.
– Establish end-user service level agreements.
– Carry out on-site analysis, identification, and resolution of difficult desktop problems for end-users.
– Supervise complaint ticketing system and follow the timely resolution of all work orders.
– Able to configure and use Microsoft Enterprise applications (including SCCM and Active Directory).
– Creation/restoration of images and up-gradation of patches using SCCM.
– Ability to participate in the design, architect, and engineering of software deployments/installation process.
– Demonstrated ability to provide user support by means of remote access tools.
– Ability to communicate effectively with both Business/Management and Vendor resources & acquire knowledge from them.
– Knowledge of Asset management.
– Preferred Certifications: MCSA (Win 7 Enterprise Desktop Support) & ITIL Foundation / Intermediate.
– Good to have service transition experience.