- Keep healthy: Having breakfast is really important; it can set you up for the day ahead and stop you having a faint later in the morning.
- Arrive early and leave late: Being on time to work is expected. Arriving a bit earlier than your workmate at your first day is recommended, if you want to build a strong impression. Also, you should leave office a bit late shows that you will be able to getting to learn new things and get used to culture of new environment.
- First impression: Wear clothes that are appropriate for your workplace or choose your favorite uniform. Moreover, taking a second to remember to breathe and put a smile on your face, show that you are happy and excited to be there. Be friendly and polite to everyone, faster you get to know your workmate and you will become one of team who are very kind and helpful.
- Get prepared about company: be prepared to have a very active conversation about the company before your start, will help you to grasp the job. Make sure you can brush up on certain talking points such as company’s value, mission, vision, and products. This is very helpful to have a good interaction with your workmate.
- Be Confident: Confident is a key quality for career success. Show your confident to your workmate and employer, they will see you as a staff who can make their company grow. Moreover, talking the initiative to introduce yourself to everyone you meet, you will not only leave a good impression.
- Listen and ask: Everyone has their first day so everyone needs help. If you have any uncertain points on your role, you can ask your workmate politely. In addition, you simply listen all explanation relates to your tasks and take note so you can refer back to them later.
Lastly, being ready for your first day at work is very important. If you can follow all of our mentioned above steps, your first day at work will start well and every co-worker will also like you.