• Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all vehicles and equipment assigned to departments and divisions.
• Implements and monitors a preventative maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance and a scheduled maintenance program to provide maintenance by manufacturers specifications.
• Maintains a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures and income of each vehicle, maintenance equipment, fuel, repair parts, supplies, etc.
• Implements and maintains a mechanic training and certification program to provide needed technical skills for mechanics in repair of automobiles and heavy equipment.
• Enforces city safety practices and procedures and ensures employees receive appropriate safety training.
• Supervises all Fleet Services employees; trains, evaluates and disciplines employees.
• Welds; replaces parts; repairs parts; repairs electrical systems; diagnoses vehicles for minor body and fender work; performs tune ups and engine overhauls; troubleshoots problems when needed.
• Checks all repair work performed in shop for completeness. This includes physical inspections and road tests before vehicle is turned back to user.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Valid Driver’s License Holder
• Valid Car Repair Certification Holder
• Have a minimum 3 years of related experience
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
• Strong Understanding of automotive technology
• Preference: English Speaking, Computer Skills