– Prepare Purchasing Order/ Key in Quickbook
– Ensures that all purchasing is in compliance with regulations and laws related to purchasing practices and in accordance with Red Deer College standard practices.
– Prepares technical specifications for request for proposals, including terms and conditions and evaluation criteria.
– Prepares and develops bid documents and supplier bid lists to obtain competitive quotations on commodities and services.
– Promotes the Purchasing section as an effective resource for addressing Supply Management issues.
– Keeps constantly apprised of economic / business situations
– Develops and updates department procedures and recommends changes to related college standard practices
– Analyzes current procurement activities and recommends through methods, quantity discounts, standardization, value analysis and cooperative purchasing.
– Solicits information regarding a variety of commodities
– Reviews tenders and purchase award documentation with respect to quality, suitability, delivery and pricing.
– Responsible for awarding a contract with consensus from the respective department.
– Responsible for the development and administration of the awarded contract.
– Prepares and maintains accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow up.
– Expedites outstanding purchase orders to ensure delivery requirements are met.
– Promotes and develops contact and liaison with the external supplier community and RDC departments.
– Interviews current suppliers to improve levels of service and new suppliers to develop and establish new sources of supply.
– Collects and reports statistics to measure commodity and/or supplier performance.
– Prepares reports to ensure compliance with related laws and regulations..
– Coordinates and resolves problems with end user departments and suppliers.
– Assist in resolving Accounts Payable invoice discrepancies and variances after Accounts Payable make initial inquiry.
· 2 year experience as purchase of Food & Beverage
· Good written and spoken English;
· Good computer literacy;
· Good communication & interpersonal skills;
· Dynamic and open-mind
. Can use Quickbook
Benefit Note: – Date and Time working upon interview discussion