Media for Education and Development in Action (MEDIA One) is a non-profit, non-partisan, independent Cambodian non-governmental organization. The organization was founded on the belief that sustainable and equitable development requires open dialogue between all sectors of society. Its slogan – Many Voices, One Cambodia – reflects MEDIA One’s vision of a Cambodia where all voices are respected, and equal access to information connects and empowers communities to lead happy, healthy and prosperous lives. Through a combination of mass media programming, training to support the development of Cambodia’s media sector, and direct community outreach, MEDIA One helps to elevate underrepresented voices and engage disadvantaged communities with critically needed information and education.
MEDIA One is currently seeking a part-time Social Media Intern to join our team. The ideal applicant will possess strong social media and storytelling skills. The Social Media Intern will be responsible for contributing to content and message development of the various campaigns run by MEDIA One, monitoring and posting on various Facebook pages, and participating in outreach activities. Those looking to gain valuable social media experience with an established organization are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Social Media Intern is expected to work closely with the MEDIA One team to develop Facebook posts at regular intervals in line with the campaign strategies. Responsibilities include:
· Contribute to content and message development of the various campaigns being implemented by MEDIA One
· Write and edit captions that match the appropriate tone of the social media campaign and audience
· Edit photographs and videos, as needed
· Enhance posts with graphic design, as needed
· Monitor engagement of the various Facebook campaigns, including responding to messages and comments
· Assist in the analysis of campaign engagement through online tools such as Facebook analytics, Insights, and/or Google Analytics
· – Communications Background or Related Field
· – Excellent written communication and storytelling skills
· – Graphic design skills, with knowledge of Adobe software (especially Photoshop)
· – Video editing skills is a plus
· – Highly organized, ability to multi-task, and research skills
Interested candidates, please submit your CV, cover letter, and storytelling samples to MEDIA One Office at #26, Street 129, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang II, Khan Chamcar Morn, Phnom Penh or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is January 25, 2017 by 5:00 pm. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications and CVs will not be returned.
MEDIA One is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.