– Ensure that all decisions taken by the Executive Committee are fully implemented in the overall Front Office Department, participate and make suggestions for the decision taking of the Executive Committee.
– Responsible for ensuring the implementation of the hotel vision in the Front Office Department and implementation of the regular business action plans.
– Ensure that the staff in the Front Office Department adheres to all policies, procedures and rules set by the management.
– Manages and organizes the Front Office team whose mission is to ensure smooth and efficient handling of all the activities related to guests and their interaction with the department various section, this is accomplished within the scope of a budget and in conformity with well defined management norms.
– Responsible for planning, directing, controlling, coordinating and participating in the activities of all personnel engaged in front office department activities.
– Ensure proper reporting of all guests comments & complains.
– Ensure proper administration of the front office department and accurate filing/tracing system.
– Plans and schedule all assignments and blocking of rooms for all arriving guests, including groups and VIPs.
– Co-ordinates with the Housekeeping department and manages the system well so as to be able to meet all guests requests (check in I check out) and last minute requirements and handle the rooms assignments according to status.
– Co-ordinates with the Finance department for all matters related to internal control on check-in and check out and check in billing.
– Co-ordinates with the Maintenance and housekeeping departments to report on any equipment’s and others related that might need cleaning, repair and/or maintenance.
– Controls costs by minimizing spoilage, maintaining adequate inventory of all guest supplies newspapers, printed collateral’s and others (front office operating stocks control, avoiding shortage of goods).
– Responsible for the preparation of the yearly budget for the Front Office Department with final approval of Resident manager.
– Checks and approves time schedules for all staff concerned and makes sure all areas are covered properly.
– Ensures that all bookings are being taken accurately and efficiently and that up selling techniques are applied so as to maximize occupancy and revenue.
– Monitors bookings situation and controls forecasts regularly.
– Maximized revenue by control of reservation efficiency and Yield Management.
– Controls frequently that follows up on guests requests are being done and actions taken.
– Ensures fast and efficient luggage handling service (delivery, pick up and storage).
– Co-ordinates the hotel’s driver for all airport transfers and shuttle services as well as any particular guest request.
– Conducts meetings, briefings, training, etc. within the front office department, keeping them informed of new policies and procedures and other information’s pertinent to hotel operation.
– Maintains a high commercial and professional attitude at all times and train his staff to do I and likewise.
– Ensure to maintain a good relationship with all other department heads and with all employees of the Hotel and partners of the Hotel.
– Strong in leadership and motivation, negotiation and communication and interpersonal skills.
– Degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management or Business Management.
– Good command in English.
– Computer Literacy (Ms. Word, Excel, Outlook,Room Master)
– 2-3 years’ experience with assistant or Front Office Manager.