The store manager is responsible for leading all team members in the operation of a San Francisco Caffè store. He or she is responsible for managing the day-to-day store operations, maintaining high store standards and conditions, and fostering a positive environment, which provides consistent fast, efficient, and friendly service ensuring the best experience for both our customers and team members. The store manager creates the tone and personality of the store by being a leader of training, customer service, product knowledge and education, encouraging best work practices, and a strong commitment to our company policy and procedures.
• Develops and executes sales and profit plans that are in-line with budgetary goals.
• Ensures and is accountable for profitability of the store by growing sales and controlling costs of goods, inventory levels, labor, supplies and expenses.
• Maintains and utilizes daily, weekly, quarterly and annual financial reporting tools.
• Ensures proper team member coverage, scheduling according to the needs of business while maintaining target labor costs.
• Oversees all cash and media management functions. Able to perform all POS duties, front and back of house functions including opening and closing procedures, coordinating with the head office as necessary.
• Maintains proper loss prevention standards, reviewing cash handling procedures, deposits and safe procedures.
• Maintains a clean well-merchandised store, following visual presentation plans and standards.
• Plans, executes and communicates all sales promotions and new product information effectively and efficiently.
• Identifies staffing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training needs of qualified candidates. Facilitates on-going training and development of current staff.
• Promotes and practices safe work habits, identifying and resolving potential safety hazards, operational inconsistencies and any team member or customer incidents. Documents accidents, conducts initial investigation and determination of root cause in the interest of maintaining a safe work environment. Conducts monthly safety meetings ensuring team member compliance in all safety initiatives.
• Is the role model for outstanding service and leader of the service initiative at his or her store.
• Proactive in solving customer problems and satisfying customers in various situations.
• Ensures that all team members are committed to and demonstrate our company policies and procedures.
• Ensures that all team members provide customers with efficient, friendly, superior service on a consistent basis.
• Consistently monitors, coaches and encourages team members to meet the company’s service standards.
• Assesses and provides adequate staffing to provide efficient and friendly, superior service.
• Maintains high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise and equipment.
• Ensures that all San Francisco Caffè drink recipes and procedures are followed, maintaining the highest quality and consistent product standards.
• Ensures that all San Francisco Caffè food offerings maintain the highest quality.
• Ensures that all team members are educated on our products and services, by developing an understanding of our various types of coffee, blends and roasts, as well as knowledge of coffee regions, and the various differences in flavor and blends.
• Tastes drink and food products on a per shift basis for quality assurance.
Training & Development:
• Provides ongoing training and development to all team members in the areas of operating standards, customer service and product knowledge.
• Demonstrates the ability to lead, effectively communicate, and champion San Francisco Caffè company policy and procedures.
• Builds morale and team spirit by fostering a work environment where team members input is encouraged and valued.
• Ensures each team member has received proper training to perform as a barista or shift supervisor efficiently.
• Continually develops team members, establishing specific performance objectives, and measuring team member performance regularly.
• Coaches and counsels team members for improved performance, documenting developmental plans as necessary.