This an exciting opportunity to join a young English / Khmer owned company, currently with one branch of its Cafe / Rest Stop business, but with a second under construction and due to open in January 2018. ‘The Stop’ provides Western style Café / Rest stops on Cambodia’s highways – and is looking for an experienced and ambitious manager to act as the number 2 to the General Manager and assist with the opening up its second outlet at Prey Pros, on Highway 6, close to Kampong Thom. The successful applicant will work with Owners and the General Manager to launch the new branch and when it opens, will assist the General Manager in running the ‘front of house’and in overseeing the kitchen, jointly with the Head Chef. The outlet will have a staff of approximately 25 – with every chance of this increasing as the business develops. There will be excellent opportunities for promotion and progression during the planned further expansion of the business to include other new outlets elsewhere in Cambodia and beyond.
• Initially work with the Owners and the General Manager during the final phase of the refurbishment of the cafe premises and in the run up to the launch of the new branch in late January.
|• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the Catering or Hotel industry, with specific knowledge of coffee and smoothie preparation.
• Good level of English essential, with knowledge of other languages an advantage.
• Service-oriented and comfortable leading a team.
• Strong qualities of leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow with the business.
• Innovative, creative and with the motivation to explore and develop new ideas, practices and products.
• Able and willing to work without supervision, when the General manager is not present.
• Flexibility to cope with different and challenging situations calmly and effectively.
• Able to work well under pressure.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Honest, positive, self-motivated, responsible, hardworking and organized with excellent interpersonal skills and the drive to help and support the growth of the business.