- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of positive pay transactions.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
- Responds to inquiries from the Director of Finance, Controller, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Work with the CEO to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Supervise the general ledger group to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance and banking or related field.
- Good in speaking/reading/writing English and Khmer. Chinese is an advantage.
- Must have computer literacy and accounting software such as QuickBooks.
- Having at least three years of related working experiences is required.
- Detailed and analytical.
- Self-directed and self-motivated skill.
- Strong leadership, strategic thinking, results-focused and proven ability to collaborate across functions and with all levels of the organization.
- Good knowledge in accounting and taxation in Cambodia.
- Ability to work under pressure and receptive to direction.
– AL and Special Leave
– Legal Holiday (Khmer and Chinese New Year/Pchum Ben/Water Festival)